Sunday, January 25, 2009


Last night while I was digging around in my closet I noticed my mom's guitar tucked away in the blackness of the abyss I call my closet. I pulled it out and and tried to play but I couldn't, I haven't played a guitar in 12 years and even then I wouldn't have called it "playing", but more like learning. I think I have a learning disability when it comes to guitars and I think it's partly due to the fact that my pinkie and ring finger can't seem to work independently. Which leads me to the jealousy I feel for almost everyone in my family. Everyone can play at least one instrument with the exception of me and Josh(brother). My mother plays guitar, piano and sings. My dad plays drums. My grandpa plays mandolin, guitar, banjo, piano. He even cut a record back in the early 50's. My cousin Adam plays oboe, pipe organ, and piano. My other cousin Jess, she plays banjo and guitar. Every single one of them play by ear. Curses! I guess it just wasn't meant to be for me. But that wont keep from trying. The guitar is missing two strings, so tomorrow I'm going to find some, tune it, pick a song, learn it, and then post a video blog of me playing. Any requests?

No comments: