Monday, January 19, 2009

I had a dream once.

But it just got me in a lot of trouble. It was my freshman year of high school. I was waiting outside of my parents house for my boyfriend to pick me up for school. I was stressed out about getting another tardy since I seemed to accumulated a lot of them after I met Mike and he became my form of transportation instead of the ol' faithful school bus. Finally I heard the busted muffler coming around the corner. I get into his beat up Nissan 300zx. He pops in a cassette tape of John Lennon's Imagine and informs me we are going to celebrate MLK day the right way. He had a copy of the I have a dream speech, and told me we were going to make 200 copies of the speech and go to the whitest parts of town and drop the speech into peoples mail boxes hoping that they would read his speech and surly if they even had one racist bone in there body it magically disappear. This is what we did. We were sure that it would make a difference. Maybe it did. We skipped the whole day of school and when I got home I was grounded. Me telling my parents that I had dream did not get me out of this one.

No comments: