Thursday, February 19, 2009

Only The Good Die Young

Here lies my list of TV's greatest that got shot down in their prime. May you rest in peace.

1. The Adventures of Pete & Pete- I was probably too old to be watching this show when it aired, but I really didn't care. I loved, and still love Pete and Pete. It was so creative and the best of the best would make appearances on the show such as, Iggy Pop, Patty Hearst, Steve Bushemi, Debbie Harry, Kate Pierson, Syd Straw, Micheal Stipe, Chris Elliot, Adam West. And did I mention it had the best opening song, "Hey Sandy" by a great little short lived 90's band called Polaris. Now I own the Polaris album that has this song on it, and still to this day I have never really been able to decipher the words on "Hey Sandy".

This is what it sounds like he's saying (at least to me)

Your Smilin' strange
Your lookin' at the leafy range
I can't say you shoombae
Or have you picked your darkest net

Chorus:
It's in me
Don't you talk back, Hey Cindy
Hey Cindy, don't you talk back
Hey Cindy, don't you talk back
It's in me

This is what he's really saying,

Hey smilin' strange
You lookin' happily deranged
Can you settle to shoot me?
Or have you picked your target yet?

Chorus:
Hey Sandy
Don't you talk back, Hey Sandy
Hey Sandy, don't you talk back
Hey Sandy, Don't you talk back
Hey Sandy...

Farewell my little viking.

2. Arrested Development- What can I say about Arrested Development that has not already been said. It was one of the greatest shows ever produced on television, but sadly not enough people watched it. Good news though, there's talk of a movie. Yay!


3. Spaced- Lightning in bottle.


4. Freaks and Geeks
5. Get a Life
6. Andy Dick Show
7. Summer Heights High- This was the most recent show to be ripped away from me. It only lasted one season, but I almost think any more than that might have taken away from the goodness. So I would just like to pay my respects to Mr. G, Ja'mie King, and last but not least, Jonah Takalua. "Public School Rocks!"

No comments: